Existing Member?

The Pursuit of Leisure Don't expect too much, and you won't be disappointed.

One down, two to go

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 16 May 2009 | Views [564] | Comments [1]

Kia ora! I made it back to New Zealand today. Now I am in Auckland and it's 10 p.m. on Saturday night (5 a.m. Houston time). I have 2 weeks of vacation left. Today was mostly hanging out at the airport or on the plane. Six separate flights in six days... a significant amount of my diet has been airplane food. But I can't complain. Today: meat pie, pasta salad, water, tea, and chocolate ice cream. They sure do love having alcohol and tea and coffee and ice cream down here all the time. Love it!

Today I had a 5:45 a.m. flight from Cairns to Sydney. While I was waiting at the bus stop around 4 a.m., there was this Aussie who was rolling a joint near me. If you thought the Australian accent was laid back before, this guy was REALLY laid back. He asked me if I had a lighter, and I said no. Then he asked where I was heading. I said the airport. He said, "Aw yeah." Then he went off to find a lighter. Then he came back and asked where I was heading. I said the airport. Then he said, "Aw yeah." Dude was ridiculously high. So basically my last experience of Australia was a stoner guy by the beach. I'll say this about Cairns at least, it's not overrun by tourists.

Staying at the City Lodge near Auckland central.  I got all nostalgic when I saw Auckland on the plane ride down; absolutely gorgeous by night from the plane.  I decided to splurge on my accommodation here and got a single room with - get this - its own bathroom!  Yes, I decided to have at least one relaxing room to sleep in - and it costs no more than $40 a night.  I'm actually going to hang out with someone I know in Auckland.  Yes, an actual friend - with actual talking!  *tear*

All right, I gotta go because this internet session is going to expire and I'm running out of coins and the keyboard doesn't work sometimes.  Thanks for all the comments so I don't go completely anti-social.  =)  Tomorrow will be chilling in Auckland.  Good night!

Comments

1

Hello! Sounds like your trip is awesome. You missed a really funny Office;)

  mimi May 17, 2009 6:46 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.