Existing Member?

my little (mis)adventures ummm...where am i?

cows, rain & knackers

CANADA | Monday, 27 July 2009 | Views [514] | Comments [2]

had a great time on the horan family farm. had my first ever sunday roast dinner, mammy horan made roast chicken, bacon, stuffing, potatoes, carrots, brocolli, carrots...it was my first proper meal in i dont even know how long. defintiely the first time ive had vegetables in weeks.

ed met up with me in cashel and we went to see the rock of cashel. and just then it was SUNNY! it was really nice, castle ruins ontop of a hill, in the countryside. and it was sunny! irish miracle!

in the cashel visitor info centre i found the funniest thing: you can buy bags of IRISH DIRT. just a plastic bag of soil, for NINE EUROS. i'll admit, the packaging was flash, but seriously. oh and on it it says you can plant real irish lucky shamrocks (shamrock seeds not included). ooooh people will buy anything! (i shouldnt be allowed to talk, i bought a lanyard with leprachauns, sheep and cows on it)

back on the farm, i tried milking a cow. sort of. i put suctiony things on 2 udders on one cow. it counts i think. i like to think id be a good farmer, but i definitely didnt wanna rub cream onto the cows udders withmy bare hands, nuh uh.

so my main 2 big things in ireland are 1. cows and 2. pikeys/knackers. oh and ive seen knackers! the first time, i took a couple photos out the car window of their caravans in clonmel cus ed didnt wanna stop for fear of death by pikey. then at the tesco i saw heaps and heaps of fat pikeys! plus we had just missed a pikey brawl across the road. oh it was good.

on one of the days we went to kells priory which was really cool. all these ancient monastic ruins with sheep roaming around. then went to see kilkenny castle but i have to admit it was a bit disappointing. for example, in the tapestry room, there are no tapestries cus theyve all been stored for preservation or something. what the fuck. we also went down to waterford, but dont go there. its full of scummers. to round out our co. kilkenny experience, we went to piltown, mini's village to visit his mammy. she LOVED ed but she didnt know who i was for a good few minutes cus i introduced myself as diana. then a bit later she was like, 'are you dee!? i didnt know!' but she wants ed to live with her so thats good.

and now were on the ed and diana do ireland road trip! we been to cahir castle which is very good, there are some canon balls still embedded in the walls. there was also like this really old church thats all ruins with old tombstones all over the place all grown over with plants and weeds, it looked really cool. and we went to see a thatch roofed 'swiss cottage' which was cute. yay!

spent the last couple nights in ed's sister eithne's flat down in cork. on my birthday we went over to blarney and I KISSED THE BLARNEY STONE. i was never gonna do it but i did. its not what i thought, its at the top of a castle and you have to lie on your back and hold onto metal bars while some old guy's groping, ahem, holding you and you have to lean your head all the way back to kiss this rock. i hope i didnt contract any diseases. had a good night out and now were in dingle. its good cus ed has a mad 63 yr old lady friend margaret (shes totally mad, we drank with her and her daughter on friday, totally mad) and she's a b&b cottage here right next to the bay so here we are. living the dream!

Comments

1

"Living the dream" - can't get any better than that can you now! Good to hear, good to hear!

  Keroppi Jul 29, 2009 3:23 PM

2

AH dee, You make Ireland sound great. Mammy dinners are the best ever- I'd love one. Keep the stories coming i love them.

  Karen Aug 6, 2009 1:12 PM

About dianacchan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.