Existing Member?

my little (mis)adventures ummm...where am i?

munich and on...heading back east (temporarily!)

CANADA | Thursday, 2 July 2009 | Views [539] | Comments [1]

so ive just arrived in dresden and i just bought the cheapest groceries (like 39 cents for a packet of spaghetti!) that its almost psychotic how excited i am over it. i am sooooo excited! and ive a kitchen in this hostel so i just cooked myself dinner which i also found verrrry exciting (im such a sad sad person).

anyway munich is definitely one of my favourite cities so far it was so good! one of the days i went out to dachau it was the first concentration camp and it was like the model for all the others so it was totally creepy and unsettling. its like youre in a room and itd say on the wall that that was the room where piles and piles of corpses were waiting to be cremated. sick!

the next day though i went out to fussen to the neuchwasstein (? im too lazy to google it) and...some other one that starts with a h...castles. the neuch one was built by crazy king ludwig or something and its the one that DISNEY based his castles on! the king was apparently quite mad and one of the rooms in the castle was actually built to be like a cave. crazy. only 16 rooms were completed before he died but definitely cool. only sucky part is being all hyper german organized or something you have to buy tickets for a certain time to go on a half hour tour of each castle sooooo this whole day trip took 10 hrs but i only spent a total of 1 hr in the 2 castles. oh well!

but munich itself is soooo nice just everything about it! the buildings are great especially the new town hall with the massive glockenspiel that has figurines dancing about when it chimes. theres a part where 2 knights joust and one gets knocked over and theres a collective GASP coming from all the tourists gathered around. i dont know if its THAT exciting now. and after that it play "i dont have a wooden heart" or whatever its called like the song by elvis which is probably interesting only to my mom and sister.

theres also a big english garden that for some reason has a chinese pagoda in it, with a big beer garden around it of course. and theres a river through it and part of it people SURF on. mental.

boo theres someone waiting to use the internet so i better start wrapping up. i was happy enough to meet up with michael who i met in croatia and is actually german. imagine, drinking in a beer hall with an actual german! and my obsession in munich: pretzels with butter and chives sandwiched in it. oh god. if i lived in germany, i would turn into a giant heffer.

Comments

1

go to asia... specifically... HK... you know you wanna... o.O

  random asian dude Jul 7, 2009 7:56 PM

About dianacchan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.