Existing Member?

On the Road with God

Back from Battambang

USA | Friday, 21 January 2011 | Views [350] | Comments [1]

Hi All,

It has been a while since I posted. I and my teammates returned from 4 1/2 ministry up in Battambang. This town is 4 hours northwest of Phnom Penh. From there we traveled in several directions to do ministry with our health promoters. Yesterday we were in a village very close to the Thai border. It was 4 hours above Battambang. I've put on some serious miles in the last few days, but it has been a phenominal time.

Others are waiting for the computer so I will be brief here. We got to witness 7 people accepting Christ over the 3 villages we visited. The angels were singing!  The most exciting happened to us right in Battambang (BB). It was the divine appointment God had for us this week. Through all kinds of circumstances we kept ending up at one cafe to eat our meals. This was exceptional because usually we would be at the Sonrise Coffe Shop. Over 3 days we formed a relationship with the young (25-30 yrs old) married couple and their friend (25-30 yr old female) who worked and lived there with them. A long story started last night when we did not get to see the wife at dinner. They told us she was sick. We went back this morning as our first stop in what was to be several stops around BB. Needless to say we spent our whole morning there with them. This story of sickness ended up being a domestic violence situation. Pastor Pao got to evangelize to them and all 3 accepted Christ today. There is much more to this story that I will write about later. Just know it was an awesome experience of watching God move and change lives.

I have managed to stay healthy while others have gotten sick. PTL! They took their turn this year instead of me. Going up into the more rural areas was worrisome. The smoke was thick again and we traveled a lot of dusty roads. No signs of my asthma problems of 2 years ago. Tomorrow is a team fun day. Several groups are venturing out for shopping, foot massages and a boat ride down the river. I have tried for the boat ride for 4 years. This is my year. If possible I will be at the front of the boat!

Gotta go for now. More later if possible.

Comments

1

GREAT story, Denise. My my. You'll have lots to share. Blessings on your journey home. You'll have memories to savor. We will be eager to hear them all. Ken

  Ken Kemp Jan 21, 2011 12:24 PM

About denise_b


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.