Existing Member?

On the Road with God

We are here!

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 8 January 2008 | Views [453] | Comments [3]

Good Morning Everyone!

It is Tues. morning here. We arrived on schedule yesterday at 12:45pm. We settled in at the mission house with Steve and Carolyn Harvey. For being only 13 feet wide the place is amazingly roomy. I, Tyla and Jillian have bedrooms on the 3rd floor. We have 2 incredibly steep flights of stairs to go up and down each day. My legs are already sore! Our living and meeting area is also on the third floor so Mark has to tackle the stairs regularly too. We figure we will be in great shape by the time we come home.

Yesterday was just settling in time and acclimating ourselves. The heat is not bad by regular standards but when you come from cold, rainy CA the heat hits hard when you get off the plane. 

We are getting around mainly in tuk tuks so far. Think small open carriage pulled by a small motorcycle. The crazy traffic and driving rules are just like I remember. Just get in, hold on, eyes closed if necessary and go!

Today it's breakfast here at the mission house then off to the Kuffle's to prepare for the hygiene seminar which begins Wed. afternoon. I'll check in again as soon as I can.

Tags: People

Comments

1

Hi Denise,
Glad you made the trip without any problems. Hope things go smoothly for you as you prepare to give the
seminars. Sounds like you have very nice accomodiations...except for the steep stairs. How has the food been, so far? It is raining here again today. Suppose to have rain 2-3 more days this week. Nothing new to report since you left Sunday. Will write again soon. Take care and God Bless.
Joyce

  Joyce Davis Jan 9, 2008 8:51 AM

2

Blessings to you Denise!
This is really cool to be able to read your updates and also be able to reply back to you. Natalie and David say HELLO! May God keep you healthy and bless you richly as you meet new people and minister in His Name!
Your in our thoughts and prayers - Gordon, Tory, Natalie & David

  Tory Brussow Jan 9, 2008 12:57 PM

3

Hey Sis

Hope all went well with your seminar. Mom called and gave me the link info, we will keep in touch and be watching. Be careful and do the work God has sent you for.

Love Mark and Les

  Mark Beech Jan 9, 2008 2:12 PM

About denise_b


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.