Existing Member?

On the Road with God

in Taipei, Tawain

USA | Monday, 7 January 2008 | Views [440]

We made it through the first leg of our journey! We arrived here at 6:30am Monday morning local time. That was 2:30pm Sunday CA. time. 13 1/2 hours on a plane is not fun, but wasn't as bad for me this time. Two reasons: I knew better what to expect the 2nd time around & seat upgrade to deluxe was worth the money. We had more room and fewer people in our section of the cabin. There was a crying baby on board but thanks to my earplugs and Advil PM it didn't bother me much! It is now 7:30am here. Our flight to Phnom Penh leaves at 9:10. Another 3 1/2 hours on a plane and our journey will end (or just begin depending how you look at it!) To prepare for the next plane ride I'm off to enjoy a time in the massage chairs available free of charge to passengers. Yes I know, you can't say I'm having too tough of a time!

Don't know when I'll be able to post next. In stead of staying at a hotel as originally planned, we will be staying with Carolyn & Steve Harvey in their new house they just moved into. They are setting it up as a guest house for short term teams and others in need of housing while in Phnom Penh. I can't really visualize it yet. They say it is a three level condo with 5 bedrooms and 5 baths. But the house is only 13 feet wide! Let you know more when next I find internet access to use.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

About denise_b


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.