Existing Member?

Woot! for Navigation Skills This trip has been a plan in process for over a year. Now the time has come for us to galavant across far-off nations and discover hidden treasures in ancient ruins and all that sort of jazz. We shall keep you updated on our adventures as they occur...

The Quest for Jesus

CANADA | Tuesday, 12 June 2007 | Views [511] | Comments [1]

So we arrived in San Sebastian on a foggy day.  San Sebastian promotes partying, beaches and a vibrant night life.  We were rather excited to find that our hostel was located just off the beach and in the middle of ´downtown´ San Sebastian.

We heard from fellow hostellors that they were going on a trek to find Jesus, and we decided to follow suit. 

Unfortunately, we quickly discovered that Jesus is a little hard to find.  After a couple of calls it was quickly apparent that Jesus only takes appointments on sunny days - and with the foggy weather we were out of luck.  However, this did not deter us.  We set out without a guide but had faith that we would eventually end up locating His office.  Sure enough, after much frusteration and hope obliviated, we found His building.  After talking to his secretary we were disappointed to learn that Jesus had gone home for the day and was no longer at the appointed spot.  Our dreams dashed we decided to return home, crestfallen. 

Sooo...no we have not completely lost our sanity (yet).  Jesus happens to be a statue in San Sebastian located at the peak of a mountain (Us Albertans would call it a high hill).  Seeing that the weather was so foggy (and the fact that we couldn´t find a tourist office) we couldn´t see Jesus from our hostel.  Later on in the evening the weather cleared and we could easily see where we were supposed to have gone...but alas, the path leading to Jesus was locked and we were not allowed to pass.

I guess that´s how life is sometimes too.  Jesus is right in front of us but we can´t see Him for the fog.  The nice thing about Jesus is that it´s never too late to seek and search for Him and He never hides so He cannot be found.  Jesus will always be waiting at the top of that hill and is more then willing to meet us halfway - whereever we may be at.     

Tags: Philosophy of travel

Comments

1

Good moring..

I was reading thought allot of these storys I have recived from Friends.

We all have disappointed, I found for myself disappointed comes when I wanted my will and not Gods will. My strong faith comes out of my pasted. I remember when I had nothing, worthing about every little thing, them Jeuse step in and looked after ever thing I need. There are times I am disappointed because I wanted something God know I don't need. We need to see what we are fouces on. There are times life is like fog and out of that fog comes faith. We may not see God but he is there, regard less of what we feel he is there. Come to God on his terms not your terms. I find that I have learnd from God I new nothing of love, or friendship, or life,until I met him, each day is a new awaking. God opens my eyes a little biger each and every day. When I was 15 years old God asked me to go to mexcio, I had no money no clue what I need, but I trusted God. God open a door lasted min with a all payed for air line tick one way of coure. I got to mexcio I had no where to stay had no cule why I was there. Them this man name Maro came up to me and said God told me to pick you up. Maro took me back to his church and there I stayed and worked. They feed me, and each day was a step of faith to trust God to meet my needs. I hook up with diffront church groups every week for 3 months snd when out in the comment and helped. That time down in mexico tough me what I really need and help me to trust God 100%. If God said to run out in a hall of gun fighter would you? I would do it no questions asked. Are you that comment to God?

Adam

  Adam W Dec 26, 2007 9:24 PM

About denae


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.