Existing Member?

Woot! for Navigation Skills This trip has been a plan in process for over a year. Now the time has come for us to galavant across far-off nations and discover hidden treasures in ancient ruins and all that sort of jazz. We shall keep you updated on our adventures as they occur...

The Adventure has Begun...

CANADA | Sunday, 20 May 2007 | Views [536] | Comments [2]

So we have now been to London.  What a ridiculous city.  Who drives on the left side of the road??  Not us.  But we have to admit their horrible driving is made up by beautiful scenery and rustic old buildings.  We are currently masters of the London transit/train/underground system.  Almost.  Anyways, we have now seen Buckingham Palace (changing of the guards), Westminster Abby, Hyde Park, Big Ben and London Bridge. 

Corinne and I both decided before leaving for Europe that we would never run for a train.  We lied.  You know those life and death situations?  That was us.  Not actually, but it felt like it.  We had to be on the train to the ferry at 6:25 so we figured the 5:30 train to get to the ferry train would be more than ample time to get there - right?  Wrong.  To make a long story short...we ran...with our 30 lb backpacks...up and down stairs...while reading a map and navigating.  We made it to the train to the ferry with one minute to spare.  What a lovely start to our day. 

Next was Holland (Netherlands).  Jan, Feikje and Jilou (Denae's relatives (kind of)) picked us up from the ferry.  We are staying in their house.  The scenery is everthing we thought it would be and more.  There are windmills everywhere - new metal ones and the ancient-looking ones from any pictures you may have seen from Holland.  All the streets are narrow and Corinne and I still have to figure out how the cars manage to pass each other and not crash.  Bicycles are everywhere.  They are almost more common then cars and there are specific bike trails between the villages even (we tried one!). 

The weather has been fabulous.  We've definitely brought the Alberta sun with us as we've seen almost no rain which we've been told is not normal.  We've attached some pics from our adventures thus far and hope to keep posting as we go along.

Note to all:  Bring money for bathrooms.  Or.  You can always break into the bathrooms through the exit door.  Not that we did that.  Maybe.

Corinne's quote of the trip":  "Does this match with my face?"

...to be continued.   

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hey Guys,
Glad to hear that everything is amazing! And that you arrived safely and in one piece. I am sure everything else will be just as amazing as you continue on. Can't wait to hear more!

Love,
Amanda

  Amanda May 20, 2007 3:38 AM

2

Wow Holland looks fabulous. Those Windmills are incredible! Gotta love the Dutch ;)

  Jason Spoor May 20, 2007 1:46 PM

About denae


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.