Existing Member?

Woot! for Navigation Skills This trip has been a plan in process for over a year. Now the time has come for us to galavant across far-off nations and discover hidden treasures in ancient ruins and all that sort of jazz. We shall keep you updated on our adventures as they occur...

And Lift-Off!...Almost.

CANADA | Wednesday, 9 May 2007 | Views [542]

When packing for a trip I always seem to forget something.  Usually it tends to be my toothbrush.  Once in a while I find myself short a couple pairs of underwear.  Sometimes I am lacking a vital item such as a tarp and, of course, it pours rain the entire trip. 

On Sunday Corinne and I decided to pack our bags and go for a "practice" hike around the neighborhood.  I have to say that we got a few odd glances and a couple people who quite literally gawked at us and then tried to hide the fact that they were gawking.  Nice try.  We knew.  Anyways.  We both want to keep our packs under 30 lbs if possible and right now I am closely riding that line.  There comes a point where a decision has to be made:  Foamie or ground?  Tent or open air?  Well...we haven't reached that point yet.  ((Thank goodness.)  It was good to prance around a bit with our bags on so we could make adjustments and see how our shoes held out. 

Afterwards we took and spread out everything in our packs and realized that we both had forgotten quite a few little things.  Creature comforts I suppose you could call them.  For example.  Earplugs.  There is no way I am going to try sleeping in a room with ten other people coming and going without earplugs.  Bungee cords.  Useful for hanging things, attaching things, snapping at scary men...etc. 

Anyways, needless to say, now we have reached the "we-are-frantically-running-around-like-headless-chickens" stage.  Corinne needs to pick up a few more things as do I and then Monday evening we shall be London-bound.  (Note to self: Never book an overnight flight - especially when the time change means you arrive in the afternoon = no sleep).

6 days.

Tags: The Planning Phase

About denae


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.