Existing Member?

Woot! for Navigation Skills This trip has been a plan in process for over a year. Now the time has come for us to galavant across far-off nations and discover hidden treasures in ancient ruins and all that sort of jazz. We shall keep you updated on our adventures as they occur...

Pre-Trip Random Useless Information

CANADA | Thursday, 3 May 2007 | Views [457] | Comments [1]

So it is exactly 298 hours (or 17880 minutes) until the moment Corinne and I shall be on a plane bound for London, England.  *GASP* 

It all started something like this...

Corinne:  Do you want to go to Europe?

Denae:  Sure.  That would be fun.

*Three months later*

Corinne:  So I've been looking up flight prices for Europe...

Denae:  What!?  (Inwardly shocked that Corinne was actually serious about the trip as she thought Corinne had been joking)

And thus began frantic planning and knowledge collecting for the adventure we shall embark on shortly.

Oh yes, and the plan, we cannot forget the ultimate, down-to-the-moment, cannot-ever-be-changed, like-being-stuck-in-cement plan.

We land in London on May 15th.  The ferry to Holland leaves on the 17th so we have a couple of days to hang out and see the sights.  We land in Holland (via ferry) on the 17th and stay with some of my extended family for an undetermined amount of time.  Then...we do whatever the heck we want, whenever the heck we want, for however long we want.  Almost.  Luxembourg, France, Spain and Italy would be sweet.  We have to be in Greece on July 10th-16th.  It's going to be a lot of work hanging out at a resort for a week.  I don't know if I can handle all the lazing around we will do.  Perhaps we can actually do laundry although by July I don't know if it will really matter. I kind of feel sorry for anyone who isn't us...as we will be used to smelling ourselves:P  And after Greece we once again stick to "the plan" which includes Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Czech (not necessarily in that order).  We are going to try to hit up Amsterdam/Holland on the way back to pick up some wooden Dutch shoes and other random Dutch paraphenelia.  Our plane takes off from London on August 16th and then home sweet home.

12 days...

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

Hey Denae and Corinne!
So I'm guessing you got your passport! SWEET! Thank God!
I bet you guys're gonna have an incredibly unpredictable time. Can you please find out how high up you're allowed to go on the Eiffel Tower? I'm curious. I also wanna know how much it costs to go to max altitude on it. I'll be sure to check back here and there. Have a swell flight!
Matt

  Matt Cameron May 4, 2007 10:28 AM

About denae


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.