Existing Member?

AuntiesAntics

Oh my heart!!!

KENYA | Tuesday, 6 March 2018 | Views [461]

I know I suck at writing this blog, I don’t know how people do it everyday, I guess they have way more self discipline than I do, I don’t want to sit at my laptop typing when I could be out exploring the world.

Anyways Kenya Kenya Kenya!!!  I knew there was a reason I didn’t put this last on my trip list…I would never leave here if it was my choice.  When you find a place where you feel like you can fit and stay forever does it matter that you have/had a life back home, or can one really choose to try to make a difference and take a huge leap of faith? 

The children I was volunteering with are so amazing, talented and just down right special in every sense of the word.  Even though they are all special needs they are still just children wanting love and attention, and I was thrilled to give it to all of them.  Their teachers are amazing and really genuinely care about what is best for the children, they give them love, affection, schooling and the are teaching them the skills they will need to be self sufficient one day…I miss them everyday!

If and when you are ever in Kenya you must go on a safari…best day ever!!!  I was lucky and there were only 3 of us on our safari, we saw Elephants, Giraffes, Lions, Hyena’s, a Leopard, Buffalo, Zebras, Monkeys, Hippo’s, and a Rhino!  It was so amazing and everything I could have ever wanted it to be.  I have lots of great memories from that weekend excursion and some new friends out of it as well, what more could a girl want.  Giraffe Manor is another must see while you are there, the giraffe’s actually walk right up to you and are friendly, as long as you are feeding them.   

My homestay was great, the location not so much but that is all part of the adventure right???  You have to adjust and be willing to accept things you normally wouldn’t at home.  The people and friends I made while in Kenya were so great to me and really made me feel welcome, I won’t forget any of them anytime soon. 

 

About deanneandwilbur


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.