Existing Member?

AuntiesAntics

Same..Same..but Different!

NEPAL | Sunday, 11 February 2018 | Views [415]

Going back to Nepal after 3 years was interesting to say the least. I had forgotten how sick I had gotten there the last time, and this time was no different in that department.  So much has changed but yet so much has remained the same, they have done a really great job of rebuilding tourist attractions and government buildings since the earthquake in 2015, however the people in the villages are still not living in homes.  Some are still living in tents and not getting the proper medical care that they require and many are too poor to do anything about it.  Tourism is way up since I was there last time as well, there is a lot more people wandering about and shopping in the local stores, which is great for the country. The kids are all still amazing and such fun to be around, many have graduated and are now attending college, I am so proud of them for pursuing their dreams and goals.  

Its hard to explain how much has changed but yet stayed the same, I know that doesn’t make much sense but Kathmandu still feels like home to me so I guess thats what I mean when I say things are still the same. I have really great friends there who look out for me and are just really nice people, I miss them already.  It really is a beautiful country to explore and adventure around in, but you must really be willing to go out of the tourist area’s in order to experience the whole Nepali lifestyle.  I still ate at the same restaurants and loved it just as much as before, to feel safe knowing the staff is a comforting feeling when you are halfway around the world from home and you just want comfort.  

I already miss Nepal, but who knows where life will take you….I could always go back!

 

About deanneandwilbur


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.