Existing Member?

Out on Walkabouts On my way with Ted to see a bit of the world. Plan to have some craic and enjoy it while we can. Thailand...Japan...USA....and to Kristi in the 'Peg...HERE WE COME!!!!

Strolling of the Heifers

USA | Thursday, 7 June 2007 | Views [652] | Comments [2]

yeeh hah!!

yeeh hah!!

Live Free or Die!!!

That is the state motto of New Hampshire! And we all thought we shouldn't mess with Texas!

I spent this last weekend catching up with Rachel in Keene, New Hampshire. It was an absolute great time!

Rachel introduced us to the sights of not only Keene, New Hampshire...BUT also was great enough to tour us around the next state over of Vermont. Granted it was only a 25 minute drive away, but she is still a trouper!

There are men in Brattleboro, Vermont that like to grow the beards long and bushy. Intersting to see. But this part of America was really how I pictured the South to be. There were houses with large porches and distant away neighbors...diners everywhere too. Ahh...Lindy's diner - thank you for serving me the most yummy breakfast! The atmosphere here in the part of the States is so laid back I think it itself has completly fallen over.

Take the "Strolling of the Heifers" as an example....people came out and lined the main street to watch COWS walk past!!! I can't say too much as I was one of those thousands of people and actually had a fantastic time. We ate free cheese made locally, milk as well. We were loaded up with a bunch of free stuff to take home too! Everyone was happy and having a great time! And there were COWS!

I would definatley recommend the "Stolling of the Heifers" to any of y'all! Go see it next year!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Loving your work and loving for photos..looks like you're having a ton of fun.
Mummy XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxx

  Mummy Jun 7, 2007 3:11 PM

2

It was GREAT having you gals here in New England! I was totally bummed out the evening after you left. Sure you don't want to move here for your next adventure!?!?!

  Rachel Jun 12, 2007 9:04 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.