Existing Member?

Out on Walkabouts On my way with Ted to see a bit of the world. Plan to have some craic and enjoy it while we can. Thailand...Japan...USA....and to Kristi in the 'Peg...HERE WE COME!!!!

Update

USA | Thursday, 7 June 2007 | Views [608] | Comments [4]

I have a dream.........

I have a dream.........

Well it has been ages since I jotted down something here....

We left Florida after a relaxing time in Gainesville...GO GATORS! Flew up to Washington D.C, and couldn't get over how beautiful that city was. We only had 5 hours to do the sights, but got in The National Mall. The area around the Washington Monument is pretty. The parks were filled with lots of people out and about playing sport. Great to see.

From the capital we caught our first train to Newark, New Jersey where we met up with Michelle's cousin. We spent a week with her, and even enjoyed more relaxing days at Cape Cod in her holiday cottage. It has been tough eh?

More travelling was to continue as we journeyed back to New Jersey for a couple of days before we arrived in up state New York in a place called Warrensburg. We will be staying here with other cousins of Michelle's until we fly out to Canada. It is a small town in the foothills of the Adirondacks, with the Hudson River not far away. We have just been taking it easy, climbed a mountain and played some tennis.

So this isn't really interesting so I apologise. But still having a great time. Things have certainly slowed down a tad since we ended our cross country road trip.

But hey hey!! I am off to Brooklyn tomorrow for 5 days!!!! Can't wait :)

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Mightn't seem interesting to you but it sure does to me
See you soon Mummy XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

  Mummy Jun 7, 2007 2:57 PM

2

As a life-long Adirondacker, I thought I'd let you in on a little tid-bit about Warrensburg. Each fall they have a HUGE town-wide garage sale. It's amazing and fun. Lots of antiques, etc. The size of it is overwhelming, people come from all over the country.

  Rebecca Leonard Jun 10, 2007 3:00 AM

3

good to see you are still enjoying it all. see you in less than a month now.
Lots of love.
Uncle Gaz

  Uncle Gary Jun 13, 2007 7:28 AM

4

Love the long shot of your an the mall in DC. What a great place- I've been there a few times and I still haven't seen all I want to see in that city, so don't feel bad. It's so refreshing to hear your stories. You've really inspired me to do my own road trip when I get back home!

  Alsn Jun 22, 2007 11:16 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.