Existing Member?

Out on Walkabouts On my way with Ted to see a bit of the world. Plan to have some craic and enjoy it while we can. Thailand...Japan...USA....and to Kristi in the 'Peg...HERE WE COME!!!!

The Big Granny Smith

USA | Tuesday, 12 June 2007 | Views [1150]

Go NYPD

Go NYPD

I loved NYC!

It felt like the world's meeting place. Okay, I know it is in USA - I saw the hot dog stands, the busy business folk in the financial section, the Statue of Liberty and of course the naked buskers; but it is very much a city of the world's diversity. In one day we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge into Chinatown, and from there turned a corner into Little Italy where we had a nice Italian meal. Later that day we found ourselves in an Irish Pub and continued being merry in the Japanese karaoke box just up the street! The night finished in a Mexican resturant where we grabbed our midnight snack! As far as I see it, I went around the world in that one day!

I loved my five days sightseeing in this city. It really is an easy city to get around in and actually felt at ease - despite often hearing about the bad crimes etc. that happen here! Five days just wasn't enough but I doubt if you even lived here for five years that you'd be able to experince all this city has to offer - afterall with all the cool things to see and do it can ooze the money from your wallet (Totally worth it though!)

My five days in a nutshell:  NY Mets baseball game (I loved the 6th inning sing-a-long to Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline), Natural History Museum, Central Park, the UN & UNICEF buildings (worth a visit), Manhattan Skyline at night, Times Square, show on broadway (RENT!! Awesome!! - and lining up for cheap tickets on the day is super value for money), Comedy Show (only $8 and we got to see some Saturday Night LIVE folk), and of course the Statue of Liberty.  What is nice though, is the area near the Financial District down along the waterfront. The green parks where people are enjoying the "outdoors", and if you stroll for a bit you can find little hidden playgrounds for kids amongst the tall buildings!

I ate hot dogs, pizza slices and NY cheesecake - I saw naked buskers and NYPD cops - I rode the subway and caught yellow cabs! NYC - I heart YOU!!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.