Existing Member?

Out on Walkabouts On my way with Ted to see a bit of the world. Plan to have some craic and enjoy it while we can. Thailand...Japan...USA....and to Kristi in the 'Peg...HERE WE COME!!!!

Tadaima

JAPAN | Thursday, 5 April 2007 | Views [698] | Comments [3]

Love the Cherry Blossoms!!

Love the Cherry Blossoms!!

Well, you  know you are back in Japan when you drive to the neighbouring prefecture just to eat their SOBA (noodles)!!!

It is super great to be back in Kagawa. Getting off the bus in Kagawa felt like I had come back home. It is like we have never left; everyone just treating us like we saw eachother yesterday. It is SO SO great.

We are staying in Sanbonmatsu with the Kimura family; the owners of a pub we often went to. They are absolute gems and being so accomodating. They even lent us one of their cars while we are here!!! We are so spoilt desu ne.

After being here for 6 days, I`ve managed to catch up with most people. I have visited my old school and Board of Education, also had a great Japanese lunch with my old English Conversation class. A big Thanks to Sanae-san for organising that! ARIGATOU.

While I was living here for 2 years I joined in a TAIKO group. They are some of the most friendly people and really couldn`t do enough for me while I was here. I popped in on the teacher`s house unannounced Saturday just gone, and it was just like old times. Straight away it was Dayna, let`s eat Udon - Do you want a beer??  !!  Oh, it is awesome being around these people again!! And yes, they are still on my case about getting married and living in Japan to have kids so I can help raise the Japanese population!!!

We hit the jackpot coming here too....it is right on Cherry Blossom time. The weather is still cold, and it was a big difference from Bangkok. Though it is nice not sweating all day long. Also, I have to mention the "YELLOW SAND"....the sky on Monday was thick of it. Apparently it has been swept across from China! Crazy.

Our stay here has turned into being too short. I wish I could extend my plane ticket, but the rental car in LA has already been booked. It has been great catching up with people, but I just wish we had a bit more time.  I really love Japan.

From now, it is off to catch an hour ferry out to Shodoshima!! Can`t wait to see you out there, Mon!!!!

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

I must apologize and correct it to you.
When you watched KABUTO(兜)which there was in the entrance hall of a restaurant, and you took out KABUTO-MUSHI(甲虫)for an example,I said that it had nothing to do, but it was a mistake.
Because naming of 甲虫 depends on form of the horn resembling 兜.

But, at that time, as for me, an image of 兜 did not accord with 甲虫 at once.
Because you surely connected 兜 with 甲虫 and would learn Japanese, you would be confused by my words.

I'm sorry.
I correct it.

An angle of this photo is very wonderful.
I pray for your pleasant trip in U.S.A.
Sometimes put a state on blog.

  Sanae Apr 6, 2007 12:42 AM

2

Hey! Glad you are having such a great time in Japan. I am soooo jealous. I want to see Sakura and eat Udon too. Don't worry, you will be sweating again in no time once you get to Florida.

  Sarah Apr 10, 2007 8:55 AM

3

I'm so jealous that you are going to Shodoshima! I think I even have a little tear in my eye. Hearing your stories takes me right back there. Eat some Oribu Ice Cream for me!

  Rachel Apr 11, 2007 12:38 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.