Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Gokarna

INDIA | Saturday, 30 March 2019 | Views [344] | Comments [1]

Our last stop in India. Gokarna is about 80 miles south of Goa and chosen because it is relatively undeveloped. Gorkana town is a holy town and a site of pilgrimage for Hindus. There are lots of active temples in the town and the town beach is a site of pilgrimage. We had a walk round the interesting town but none of the temples are open to non-Hindus (I bet you could hear Mark's sigh of relief from there!!) The more tourist hotels are south of the town on a series of beaches. We stayed on Kudle Beach. It has become increasingly hot during the month we have been here so it is a good job we were only intending chilling on get beach! On the photo were I am pointing, I am pointing to our hotel from the beach. We had a great view. There are cows everywhere in India except in fields as you would expect. They are even on the beach! The photo of me and food shows a typical indian breakfast of dosa. This is a crispy pancake filled with spicy potato and served with a very hot and spicy veg curry and a green chutney. I have had this quite a few times, it is really nice. The food has been fantastic. I have had lots of veg currys, dhals, paneer curry and egg curry. My favourite has been egg curry which I have had loads of time with tandoori roti bread!

This is our last stop in India, tomorrow we travel back to Mumbai for our flight home Sunday night. I'll hopefully give a final blog from the airport. Looking forward to seeing you all, Love Dawn and Mark xxx

Comments

1

Hi, Mark texted me to ask how much I thought he should offer for the temple to say it was for Hindus only. How much did he pay? You at last appear to be having a relax but I bet you will have to fast at home after the first week back. (Here's hoping) Looking forward to seeing you both. Dad XXX

  Peter Wilson Mar 30, 2019 10:34 PM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.