Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

San Sebastian & around

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 2 October 2018 | Views [311]

The last Spanish installment....

The plan was to spend the last few days in San Sebastian, my favourite place in Spain and maybe the world! San Sebastian is an attractive beach side town full, and I mean full, of restaurants and bars. The beautiful crescent beach has a Victorian looking promenade all the way along and then the old town is a labyrinth of bars. This is the gastro capital of the Basque region and I think the whole of Spain. So the plan was to totally embrace the Spanish eating timetable. So the first two days we explored the town then had menu del dia at 2pm in the afternoon which kept up full for the rest of the day. All you can do after a large meal is chill on the beach so that's what we did. After a full afternoon eating and drinking on the second day we went to bed at about 11.30pm and we were abruptly woken be the police knocking on the door at about midnight. The motorhome site was being immediately evacuated because of the discovery of the tiger mosquito! So we had to leave along with the other 40 motorhomes. An abrupt end to our eating and drinking fest! We couldn't go back either because we found an article in the local paper that reported the evacuation and stated the site would be closed for at least a week. So the last couple of nights were spent in Hondarribia and Santillana del Mar. Both really nice places.

We had a fantastic time in the Basque region, it has been the best holiday in our motorhome ever! So much beautiful scenery, lovely towns, walking, biking, eating and drinking! Everything we want from a holiday. Thanks for all the comments, it's great to hear from you.

Until the next time,

Love Dawn & Mark

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.