Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Costa Rica - Central Valle (North)

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 15 May 2018 | Views [341]

Nr Poas Volcan

Great last two nights staying in a unique round bamboo house on a coffee plantation. Lovely and peaceful, and great coffee straight from the doorstep. We were going to visit the Poas Volcano but it is currently closed due to volcanic activity so we went to La Paz waterfall gardens. This is a very popular tourist attraction but was surprisingly good. Beautiful gardens, walks and spectacular waterfalls. It is also a wildlife refuge so we got a look at a selection of Costa Rican wildlife, most of which we have been lucky enough to see for real in the wild. There was a large butterfly garden where you could see the butterflies emerging from the chrysalis, this was fascinating. The hummingbird garden was also amazing. On the last night enjoyed sitting on the lovely balcony at the house spotting a few more birds and chilling with the last Imperial beer.

On our way home.

So now I am sat at Amsterdam airport waiting for my connecting flight to Manchester. Costa Rica has surpassed all expectations, it was even better than the last time we were there. The variety and abundance of wildlife is fantastic and makes it the number one holiday destination for us. The people are friendly, kind and can mostly speak English which is a big plus! Everything has gone according to plan and we have experienced a wide range of environments and accommodations. The weather has been good to us. We were in the transition from the dry to the wet season so we were expecting a lot more rain but we only got wet a couple of times for a short time. Costa Rica is truly amazing and to use a Costa Rican phrase – Pura Vida!

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.