Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

Costa Rica - Central Valle (South)

COSTA RICA | Friday, 27 April 2018 | Views [353]

Orosi

Orosi is in the mountainous central region and is cooler than the lowlands, about 22C. Staying in a lovely lodge in the town with views of Izaru volcano and the surrounding mountains. The valley is scattered with coffee bean plantations. I think I will be leaving with a coffee addiction as it is so good here in Costa Rica. Orosi isn't a big tourist destination so it is very Costa Rican full of lovely local people all wanting to say hello to us. Spent the first day walking in Tapanti National Park, fantastic day. We had the best wildlife spot, a Jaguarundi, which is a small black puma. We were standing on a bridge and it crossed the stream underneath about 2 metres from us. Got a really great sighting. This is our first ever wild cat sighting. The following day drove up Izara volcano but 'we' forgot our money so couldn't go up to the top to see the crater! Doh! It was very overcast so the view wouldn't have been great anyway. Back at Orosi we had a dip in the local pool that is fed from a volcanic spring so it is really lovely and warm. Then walked along the river and over the hanging bridge. Really nice stop in the mountain region. Off over the mountains to the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica now.

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.