Existing Member?

Adventure before dementia

NSW Blue mountains Katoomba

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 15 March 2016 | Views [326] | Comments [2]

Arrived safety in the blue mountains after 2 days long drive on a straight, flat road through endless farmland! It is pretty cool in the mountains and has been raining on and off since we got here yesterday.  Very wet start to the day so we decided to check out the Katoomba waterfalls and rain forest.  Fantastic walk ending with an epic climb up the giants stairway, a total of 900 very steep steps.  At the top of the steps we are at echo point where there should be stunning views of the blue mountains!!  The very famous 3 sisters is lost in the cloud!  Better luck tomorrow.  We did get a glimpse of the views last night but forgot to take the camera, doh!

Comments

1

Did you find a bar at the top?? Tee Hee !
Sounds like you are seeing some amazing things...we went to the Blue Mountains on a little train from memory , did you see it?
Miss you both...cold CHEAP beers waiting for when you get back?
My dad measures any country by the price of a beer, I think most comparison websites do it from a price of a loaf of bread !! ....Australia was too expensive for him xxx

  Claire Mar 16, 2016 12:17 AM

2

A bet you were ready for that cool beer, I think we went to that waterfall, viewed from the top on a platform. Loving the photos and blog.
Love Mum

  Maureen E Wilson Mar 16, 2016 1:32 AM

About dawnandmark

Perfect end to a perfect day

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.