Existing Member?

World Adventure

Sydney, Australia

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 29 June 2010 | Views [877]

Hi All,

Two years  to the day that we departed we touched down in Sydney on the coldest day in 20 years with clothing perfect for the tropics. It was an uncomfortable flight from Bali to Australia with Pacific Blue but at least only 6hrs. How do they make those seats so uncomfortable and why would I want a meal in the middle of the night?

Cleared customs and headed to the train ticket office for some advice for getting to Goulburn. This clearly was a complicated question. They said we could go to central and ask about country link trains or go to campbelltown and perhaps catch a goulburn train. Hmmm. So basically they gave us little useful information. Welcome back to Australia! We caught the train to Campbelltown only to find out that the next train to Goulburn was not until late afternoon. We bought some tickets to Moss Vale with the hope of getting a bus to Goulburn. Vanessa noticed that a country link train to Melbourne was arriving in about 10 minutes and it was going to Goulburn. I was concerned that if I tried to get tickets for the country link train that the moss vale train would leave but it turned out that it was scheduled to leave 2 minutes later. I dropped my pack and raced off trying to buy tickets but it was too late. What to do? The train stopped and a conductor was near us so I asked if we could jump on and catch the train. It was no problem as the train was not full. Last drama from the trip over.

So the travel dream is over for now. We turned it into a reality.

We have mixed feeling about being back but we were tired after 2 years of constant travel and needed to stop. The world is such a large place and we barely scratched the surface while away. We already have a few ideas on our next trip....London to Capetown overland perhaps? Time to dream some more.

Bye,

David and Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.