Existing Member?

World Adventure

Kutching again

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 12 June 2010 | Views [1018]

Hi All,

Kutching means cat in malaysian. There are cat roundabouts and statues around the town. The also is a cat museum.

We checked into the hotel and then headed off to the sunday markets. Not much left open so we walked back along the river waterfront an looked at the handicraft shops. There is so much art in Kutching.I like this town!!!!

Running low on energy and found it difficult to find a decent looking cafe. Ended up at a lovely family run cafe with lots of nic naks. Had to settle for chicken nasi goreng.

Next day.

Walked to the museum. Quite good. The recent history of Sarawak is really intersting especially the white rajas. The tribal exhibition was excellent and even had a display longhouse with some skulls from Iban tribe head hunters.

It was an afternoon of gonna. Gonna go to the cat museum. Gonna go to the orang utan rehabilitation centre...just went to a nice food court and ate.

Snacking again. Did an icecream run from the supermarket. So what you say. Well the temperature is over 30 deg C and 90% humidity and the supermarket was about 1km away so I had to move quickly to get the two 500ml icream tubs back to the room. It was worth it. Have to keep up appearances. Oink.

Next day.

Booked on the tune hotel bus to the airport. Heading off to Penang via Kuala Lumpar.

Got to the airport and checked in our bags. Walked through the scanner with a half full 1.5lt bottle of water. No problem?? Fine. Small bag was scanned. Problem. Have been getting away with not pulling out the netbook so keep on trying to get away with it. So I just pulled it out and went to put the bag through the scanner again. No. The security person asked me to pull out the contents at the bottom of the bag. Felt around and the camping untensils were still there from the bako trip. No wonder they were cocerned. Knives, pocket knives, forks, potato peeler etc. I thought we were going to lose it all. Luckily they were pretty casual and we were allowed to go and put them into our large packs. Air asia were great and retrieved Vanessa's bag without a fuss and then we transferred the camping cutlery without any drama. No problems getting to the departures gate this time. Another traveller left his bag at the security checkpoint so I think that they are used to careless travellers.

Bye,

David and Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.