Existing Member?

World Adventure

Istanbul

TURKEY | Saturday, 13 December 2008 | Views [997]

Hi All. Tired and grumpy. Have to start learning some turkish greetings...hello sounded like badhaba but better check. A bit of a marathon to get here but glad to get out of Brazil. Went to airport and waited for 8hrs before our flight then an 11 hr flight with british airways with the most uncomfortable airline seats that i have ever encountered and the most hagged looking staff to london. 30min wait in the plane on the ground whilst heathrow airport getting their act together. 3hrs in heathrow - paranoid over the top airport security . 4hr flight to istanbul. Staying at cordial house hotel in the old city. Sure was cold last night. Has a bit of heating and only one blanket each and temp about 3degC overnight. Bit of a change from 20 degc overnight at rio! better get some more blankets tonight. first impressions are that turkish people are very friendly and very polite. Having trouble with turkish keyboard character set... Time to expolore and look for a new camera. Bye. David and Vanessa.

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.