Existing Member?

World Adventure

Rio de janeiro 4

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 10 December 2008 | Views [850]

Oi All,

Vanessa still refuses to take her turn writing the blog and as a consequence David no longer has fingerprints and now has frog pad finger ends.

We were sitting around on the upstairs courtyard last night reading our books and talking when an important point came to light. Was there an organ hidden away under the robes of the 38m christ the redeemer statue? I didn´t recall seeing one but it would be a cruel omission if it were so. There was a chapel in the bowels of the hollow shell so there probably would have been one nearby. Boom. boom.

Went for an excursion out to the museum of contemporary art on the other side of the harbour in niteroi. Bus to the ferry. Had to take a ferry for a nice cruise parallel to a long bridge, past an out of place disneyland green castle near the navy docks and near a cruising submarine. Bus to the museum. Views from the museum were fantastic with a fortress in the distance and an island in the foreground. Beautiful beaches and tea coloured water due to the recent rain (or perhaps sewerage outflow). The building was the best art and the contemporary art inside was ... well... looked as if the artists had left their children unattended with the paint and canvas then made a claim to the work themselves.

http://www.theodora.com/wfb/photos/brazil/brazil_photos_16.html

Met an american-brazillian from new york while waiting for the ferry who warned us to be careful as it was a dangerous place. Look after your wallets and pens as they will take anything by slashing your pockets with a knife! Nice place. We didn´t feel edgy and our pockets were safe.

Went for a walk along copacabana beach in the afternoon. Seems that the serious boys playing futbol (i think foot volleyball) had reason to be serious. They were playing for money!

The usual flesh flashed everywhere. Fat and skinny. String bikinis much too small. boys in jocks. Why is it acceptable to have a string down your bum showing all but to have the other side covered? Modesty does not exist here. Bandaids would cover more. Dogs in coats and shoes. Yes matching coloured coat and shoes to the walker. One must be fashion conscious.

http://dedosnoteclado.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/copacabana_beach_galleryfull.jpeg

http://www.travel-images.com/brazil.html

Were hoping to go for a walk in the national park today but have heard that it is unsafe with robbers hiding behind trees waiting to mug you. nice place.

Think we will go to the natural history museum instead.

Adeus,

David & Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.