Existing Member?

World Adventure

Rio de Janeiro 2

BRAZIL | Monday, 8 December 2008 | Views [766]

Oi All,

Back in Rio after our second 28hr bus trip in a week. This time the bus was more comfortable but the food stops were not so good with unhealthy looking food.

We went with HI accomodation down at copacabana beach but it is too big and too impersonal. Vanessa and I are in separate dorms as there is no coed in this place. Good news is that it is only one block from the beach; bad news is that we aren´t beach people.

Walked both copacabana and ipanema beach. Found lots of fatties on copacabana and lots of slimies on ipanema. Don´t worry there were plenty of fatties on both beaches. Seems like a 6 pack stomach and tan is almost mandatory for the men on ipanema beach and the girls, regardless of size, don´t mind flaunting their bits such as a tall black girl with a skimpy red and white poca dot bikini up her bum walking along the road.

Saw an unexpectedly brash act while looking out at the surfers at ipanema. A bike theft. A normal looking couple, one on a bike, with backpack containing bolt cutters sat blocking the view to the other who cut the cable off a bike secured to a bike rack on the footpath beside the beach then sped off. They saw us watching and the female smiled. Others watched and did nothing. We did nothing. Didn´t want to get involved. Maybe they had more than bolt cutters...

There is a law and order problem in big cities in brazil that is not so obvious in Australia.

Just hanging around Rio for the next few days before heading out of Brazil to another continent to Istanbul,Turkey, via London, on 11Dec.

Adeus,

David & Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.