Existing Member?

World Adventure

Buenos aires 3

ARGENTINA | Friday, 14 November 2008 | Views [733]

Hola All,

Have to say that Uruguay isn´t as bad as I made it sound. Montevideo is just a tired city in need of a facelift. The waterfront is a little odd as the water is brown and this is so all the way to buenos aires. Uruguay is a lot more laid back than buenos aires and probably could be compared with the differnce between sydney and newcastle in Australia. Actually Uruguay is essentially australia with a little more rain...

Back in Buenos aires after an odd ferry ride. Caught the bus from Montevideo to Colonia which took about (2.5hr) arrived and passed through customs etc and had to wait for about (1hr) before boarding the buquebus ferry and then travelled (1.5hrs) to get to Buenos aires harbour only to bob around and wait for (1.5 hrs) to wait for another ferry to load and depart before we could dock. So the service, as advertised, was (3 hrs) but the actual trip takes (1.5 hrs). Strange but true!

A less than thrilling race through the dark city streets from the ferry terminal to the hostel avoiding street people only to find that the booking had somehow been lost in cyberspace. They arranged for accomodation in another nearby hostel and we again ran the gauntlet but arrived safely. Nice old mansion.  

Trip planning tomorrow... probably for Salta (20hrs), train to the clouds (16hr), iguazu falls (26hr) then brazil...maybe - visa pending.

Chao,

David & Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.