Existing Member?

World Adventure

Buenos Aires

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 8 November 2008 | Views [1027] | Comments [1]

Hola All,

Hopped on the bus at puerto madryn and thought no not another epic bus trip. Sat down and discovered that the seats while lovely, wide and comfortable did not allow me the legroom that i required. Mr cranky. So spent the night trying to get comfortable. Vanessa slept well so it was money well spent.

We took dinner, breakfast and lunch with us and then after eating found out that the bus also provided food. So double dinner and double breakfast for us. Yum. Vanessa thinks that I am an african refugee at the moment after losing so much weight so I think that scoffing myself is acceptable.  She thinks I have worms. Big Armadillo without armour? Oink.

The region from about 500km out is so green and carries so much livestock. There is just so much farmland and wooded areas. Really nice and a pleasant drive.

Got to buenos aires and the place is so big that there are at least two major bus terminals. We got off at retiro and couldn´t figure out where to go and couldn´t be bothered carrying our packs 10 blocks so caught at taxi to the hostel - luxury. Did I say this place is BIG? 16 million people in the city.

It is really hot here. Was about 25-30 degrees C when we arrived. Bit of a shock coming from much lower temperatures.

Will be here for a couple of days and maybe more if we like it. Need to get a plan together for the next month.

Adios,

David & Vanessa

Comments

1

Hola Vanessa & David!
Como estan? I hope you are really doing fine - how amazing your trip so far. I can remember when you have just started ;-). I hope you are enjoying every day.
I returned to Austria nearly 2 months ago (how boring - I am kind of stuck here, think I should pack my packback again...).
So take care, big hug and safe travels - let me know when you come to Europe!
Greetings and take care,
Petra

  Petra Nov 9, 2008 11:37 PM

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.