Existing Member?

World Adventure

Banos

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 July 2008 | Views [475]

Got back from our amazon trip and NO truck. Piled everyone and bags into a ute taxi and headed to where it was being repaired. Met the truck on the road. Had a broken alternator bracket which was welded before heading off for a 5hr drive to banos. Stopped along the way for some to try a bridge swing off a wobbly metal and concrete bridge that vibrated for 20 or 30 seconds after traffic passed over it. One question. Was the handrail to which the rope for the bridge swing just concrete or reinforced concrete? I wasn´t going to find out. Anyway the idea is to pull the rope under the bridge, tie someone to the other side, get them to jump off and they swung under the bridge. Like bungy with no elastic.

Pronounce banyos which is a little unfortunate as the toilets plural are also called (banos) banyos. We are staying at a lovely hostel call pequeno paraiso run by an ex overland tour person call rich. We are camping high above the rio verde, a stong flowing, dirty looking river. The valley is steep and there are tall mountains all around.

Unfortunately our overland supplied tent has a tiny leak and it rained heavily all night. Bugger.  

Banos is on orange alert for a volcano eruption so fingers crossed...

Adios Amigos,

David & Vanessa

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.