Existing Member?

World Adventure

Quito 3

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 9 July 2008 | Views [729] | Comments [1]

Hola,

Wandered around the old city again today. Had to move rooms and are now in a room looking out onto the street with a view of the more modern cathederal. The cathederal has interesting gargoyles that range from turtles to anteaters.

We looked around at other hostels today but have not had much luck. Thinking it is time to get out of Quito. Vanessa and I don't really like cities at the best of times.

Had our first spanish lessons today with Jacqui. Two hours later and we are a little better but it will take some work. The local baker is still amused at our lack of understanding of the basics of numbers..even after the lesson. Quie or what probably pops into his mind or was that loco gringos > crazy foreigners.

Visited the travel agent and galapagos is out for us unfortunately. Should have been here last week...Next trip doesn´t fit into our schedule. Bugger. Tending towards the Amazon.

Had an incident where a pigeon poo on my back but it was suspicious and we are not convinced that it was not a version of the classic scan where someone spits on you then someone else helps you and the former tries to pickpocket you. Anyway we left the area quickily and my back was covered with streaks of a yellow substance.  

Having a little trouble typing as the keyboard key labels have worn off and the computer is running in spanish.

Have added a pic for you animal lovers.

Adios,

David and Vanessa

Comments

1

Fantastic that you've experienced so much already. Sounds like you're having a great adventure. Hope you kept those 'finger puppets' for a while :) Pronto aprender español y tu que hará más amigos.

  Amy Jul 9, 2008 8:51 AM

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.