Existing Member?

World Adventure

Quito 2

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 8 July 2008 | Views [483]

Hola. Vanessa and I wandered out amongst the old city today. We took great care to note how to get back to the secret garden which was lucky as the map we started out with was incorrect. Found what appeared to be a political protest at plaza grande o de la independencia and then discovered that there was a change of the guard parade as well with great pomp and ceremony. Also mixed in the celebration was a soccer team who obviously were very popular. Visited the amazing cathedral built in the early 1540s located on one side of the square. Kept wandering and found a large supermarket so stocked up with plantanos again yay! 

Might be on the move tomorrow as secret garden may be full. Have found accomodation just outside the old city but hoping to stay here.

Have made enquires about spanish lessons. We need it. Almost handed US$7 for some bread that cost US$0.75 so clearly we have no idea. Nice bread shop about 50m away from secret garden.

Interesting. The place is in lockdown after dark. The old city is dangerous. There is a guard on the door!

Adios,

David & Vanessa   

About david_vanessa


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.