Existing Member?

Darcy Down Under

"...al tevilas kelim"

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 20 June 2013 | Views [500]

kelim

 

I didn't bring a waterbottle with me to Sydney because I didn't have room in my bags.  So, before purchasing one, I have been doing research on what kind of containers are the healthiest. The internet has explained ALOT to me. I'd encourage you to look into it as well! As one might have guessd plastic really isn't a good choice. Steel/metal bottles are better, but are still known to leech toxins into the water. So, after a good amount of consideration I decided to go with a glass waterbottle. As I went exploring today, I found one that I liked at a shop because it comes with a removable silicone case that protects it from breaking. I'll let you know how long it lasts... but back to the fun--because I bought it new, I was lucky enough to get to tovel it!

*For those that don't know, toveling is basically a process of elevating a keilim (an object that you eat or drink out of) to a more spiritual level by dipping it in a mikveh. It is total "jew-jew" magic stuff. Not about sanitation but about spirituality. Yes, I know it sounds a bit crazy. But hey, why not have an excuse to dip stuff in water!

The super cool thing is that the ocean is a natural mikveh! How convenient that the beach was on my way home from the shops ;)

My adventure for the day was climbing about on some rocks and finding a good place to perch myself, as not to get wet, but to allow for complete submersion of my new bottle. Happy to say, my feet stayed dry! And here you see my freshly toveled bottle, after it's holy plunge.

It was so awesome being able to use the ocean and play in nature! 

...I also may or may not have stopped to build a sand castle, hehe 

About darcyleggett


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.