Existing Member?

Universidad Iberoamericana Following the few months I have in Mexico

Semana Santa part I

MEXICO | Tuesday, 25 March 2008 | Views [550]

My crazy solo adventure through Mexico! From the airport in Mexico City I was trying to take a bus to Oaxaca city directly, so I took a taxi to the actual bus station in Mexico to try to find a bus to Oaxaca. They ended up sending me back to puebla, then I had to change buses to go to oaxaca to meet up with the girls. I basically wasted a whole bus trip for nothing when I could have just grabbed the bus from Puebla to Oaxaca! I thought the direct one would be quicker though, but they didnt offer it at that time! Check your schedules before jumping on buses I guess =) So I finally got to oaxaca and couldnt get ahold of anyone I was supposed to be meeting there, so that sucked and i had to sit in the bus station for about 3 hours by myself. And in Mexico there is no cell service unless you are actually in a town, and some smaller towns dont count. Needless to say I am sooo sick of buses and bus stations and aiports now!haha My friends finally got there as our bus to puerto escondido was about to leave and we had to hurry and jump on that bus. when we got to puerto escondido we realized we should have gotten off at the other stop before this because it was closer to puerto angel, which is where we were going for the first three days. so we have to take a taxi for an hour ride to puerto angel because no buses go there, it's very secluded. it only costed us 30 dollars each taxi split between 9 people, taxis are so cheap here! So note that if you take a taxi from Puerto Escondido to Puerto Angel do not pay more that 300 pesos!!! Puerto angel is so beautiful. It is So small and literally in the middle of nowhere. I thought puerto escondido was hidden, this beach doesnt even have an atm in the entire town! but it is so beautiful and i found SO much sea glass there (I started collecting sea glass) =) Our hotel was right on the beach and the view was beautiful. we could get showers and look at the ocean at the same time. there was a window-door thing in our bathroom that was really pretty that you could leave open if you wanted. the restaurant downstairs had all the tables and chairs on the sand. it was great. There was a little bar on the sand next to it too, and they sold the BEST fish ive ever eat in my life. it was amazing and they catch it fresh everyday. we ate there all 3 days. We met some people who live there and we ended up going out with them the one night, but they dont have any clubs or anything in the town, so there were just beach bars. it was really cool. we all piled in the back of the truck to go. we got pretty used to riding on pretty long drives in the back of trucks. haha. It was really great. the last day we took a taxi back to puerto escondido so we could spend the day there since our bus left from there anyway. I love puerto escondido. I bought a few of these little wooden sculptures that are painted extravagantly because I really wanted them last time but i thought they were a little expensive so i didnt get them. then i regretted it since then, so i bought a few. They are very famous oaxacan wood carvings. We just hung out on the beach all day until our bus left that night. That bus ride to acapulco was the worst in my life. I literally did not sleep allll night. I have no idea why but I was going to flip out. We got to Acapulco around 6 or 7 in the morning, I dont remember exactly...I was just happy to be there! (Dramamine became my best friend while traveling in MX)

About danielapuebla


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.