Existing Member?

Universidad Iberoamericana Following the few months I have in Mexico

Semana Santa: ÄcápüLcö

MEXICO | Tuesday, 25 March 2008 | Views [532]

the touristy part of acapulco with the rich gringos

the touristy part of acapulco with the rich gringos

I wasnt really excited to go to Acapulco at all, really no one was. We were happy with our little tranquil paradise. but we already bought the tickets so we had to go. My first impression was not very great of the city, I thought it was quite ugly. I also hadnt slept at all. we still had to try to find a hotel to stay at, which could have been impossible because it was spring break AND semana santa. EVERYONE in the usa and mexico was in acapulco. we somehow find this great hotel in Caleta, not the american tourist part of acapulco. it was on the beach, had air conditioning, a pool, and security. it was great. AND affordable. we each only ended up spending $97.00 TOTAL each for all 4 nights, which is SO cheap for acapulco during this time. They all went out every night to the famous clubs there, but i only went the one night. it costs a minumum of 50 dollars to get into the clubs. yeah right. we met these guys who took us to their mansion with a pool on the roof and an MTV cribs view of acapulco. it was beautifu, i have never seen anything like it in my life. then we went to one of the really nice clubs and we all walked right in without paying a thing. They bought all the drinks and everything too. We had so much fun dancing, and the view from the clubs was great too. it was all glass and overlooked the entire city as well. at one point they were spraying fireworks from the clubs that looked sooo cool. We literally danced all night and watched the surise over acapulco as we were driving home at 7 in the morning. Well, i didnt watch it i was knocked out as soon as i sat in the car. It was really nice to be able to experience that though, although I still prefer the simple paradises over the crazy expensive clubs and crowded beached with rich snobs. I hung out at our pool a lot, and the beach right next to us was nice becuase we were the only americans there. This one little girl came up to nicole and I when were were sitting there and wouldnt leave us. i was writing in my journal at the time so she wanted to watch me write. She didnt know how to write or read even thought she was clearly old enough. Nicole ripped some paper out for her and we wrote her name for her and she just kept asking us to write it. she drew all over the back page of my journal, she drew a picture of me. its very cute. She had the biggest smile on her face when we gave her my pen and some paper and nicole gave her sister her pen. They we so happy. It was great. They were suppose to be selling peanuts, so when the girl walked by they hid the paper and stuff. Its just so different here. Acapulco was nice, very differentand not my preferred beach, but it was cool to see. Ohhh, and the one day we took a bus to the more touristy beach and somehow discovered that our wrist bands from the hotel were the same color wrist bands as this All Inclusive spring break package for this american resort there. we snuck in and we were back in amerca. it was liek we were on MTVs spring break. the loud music, everyone drunk and dancing all over and in the pool. We mainly went in for the food bc we were starving and didnt have much money to spend there. haha. it was pretty ridiculoud though, they spent a minimum of 1,800.00 to stay at that hotel for the week. who knows how much else for the blue bracelet (the one we had that was all inclusive) there were all different colored ones, but we matched the best color. we ate so much and they all drank so much beer and we took some tequila shots and danced a bit in the pool. I was reminded of how much I really hate a lot of people in the USA. When Nicole tried to come in (her and two others had stayed out on the beach a while) they asked her where she was from because she looks mexican. then they grabbed her bracelet and realized she was an imposter. so she got kicked out. then i grabbed some food and took it out to her because they werent going to catch me, i have blonde hair and blue eyes. they didnt even look twice at me. Then they caught Nishi bc she is dark too, shes indian. they tried to make her pay and wouldnt let go of her and shes yelling at them in spanish not to touch her. it was so funny. then the bar tender grabbed kates wrist as she took her 7 drinks she ordered and he told her to get out too. its was hilarous. so eventually everyone was discovered. I left willingly. We still go so much from that place, it was really funny. A half an hour of that was enough for me, I got to see what they pay sooo much money for, which it quite ridiculous. I could not handle that for a day let alone a whole week. The only thing is that our hotel room was robbed by this group of guys (yes we knew who it was because they wouldn't leave us alone the whole trip) and we lost some of our ipods and cell phones. That wasn't the place's fault though, it was a nice hotel.

About danielapuebla


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.