Existing Member?

Moving in Stereo

Bust A Move

USA | Friday, 19 February 2016 | Views [384]

Me on the porch before the trip

Me on the porch before the trip

For best results, the soundtrack to this post-
Young MC- Bust A Move  
https://open.spotify.com/track/2EwS2VaAsnGrwMkpJaIjug

 

2/18/16

Less than 2 weeks to go! My bag is packed and I’m fairly confident about the necessity of all of it’s contents.  At this point there will be no keyboard. I’m not bringing a laptop or ipad. I’ve been going back and forth over bringing the ipad, but I would just be worried about it all the time. If it’s back at the hostel, did I lock it up? If it’s on me, is it safe from theft or rain or me sitting on my bag?

Excitement is still growing. I’m ready to Bust a Move. My good friend Lonn will be playing with his band in Albuquerque the night I arrive. So I can start this trip on the right foot, seeing live music. Also in Albuquerque I’ll get to see my dad, my brother, sister in law, and nieces. During my brief layover in New York I’ll see my Aunt and hopefully some high school friends. Then in London I will meet a second cousin for tea at the House of Commons. And I got tickets for an unplugged show by the artist Bilal in London the next evening which should be rad. That’s just the first few days! 

The last bit of recent travel news is that I got offered a free stay in an apartment in Seville for 3 nights. I was able to cancel my reservation at the hostel. So that’s cool.  (Thanks Barbara!)

This is going to be a fast paced trip, so I will do my best to keep this journal up to date and take lots of pictures. Also these journal posts will most likely be delayed. I am sure I will post some shorter, timely updates and pics to facebook. 

 

1/31/16

It’s 27 days until I depart. To say I’m excited and ready is an understatement. I have “practice packed” a few times already to try and narrow down the things I will really need.  There’s a plethora of websites dedicated to packing light, and I have been wasting plenty of time reading them. Then I read the comments. It’s a little ridiculous.

The sunglass case went bye bye. There’s this first aid kit with a hard case I was considering packing. It held way more than I could need, so I just pulled some items from it and put them in my toiletry kit.  It’s hard pairing down, but every few days I seem to find an item or 2 that I was going to pack that no longer seems necessary.

I’m still debating traveling with a “coffee rig” and/or some kind of keyboard for music (I’m already pretty set on bringing this foldable typing keyboard that I’m using to write this post.)  I only own 1 keyboard that will fit in my bag but even that’s too large. And I really like coffee in the morning. I feel like having my own rig would guarantee a wake up cup. Most places should have good coffee, and I’ll drink that too.

 

Tags: packing, planning, pre-trip jitters

About dangerruss

Me on a trolley in Lisbon

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.