Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Cordoba

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 1 October 2010 | Views [344]

The bus journey turned out to be a bit of a mare. At 3:00am the bus decided that it had had enough of driving backwards and forwards all the time and wanted to sit on the side of the road for a bit. Obveously in England the bus company would just send a new bus. This isn't what happens in Argentina. When a bus decides it no longer wants to work you the "Passenger" turn into a hitchhiker. Good eh??

We eventually managed to get picked up by a passing bus at 7:00am and they took us the 10 min journey up the road to the nerest town. That wasn't so hard was it. I could have walked it quicker than just sitting there. After much deliberation and sleeping on the floor we were presented with new tickets at 9:00am for a bus 30mins later. everyone was very relieved that we were going to get somewhere.

After arriving in Cordoba we checked in a hstel before grabbing a Pizza and having a siesta. In the evening we chilled with a couple of Irish guys that were also stranded with us and had a few beers.

The following day adrian and I headed to Alta Gracia. Alta Gracia is a small town 1 hour outside Cordoba and is where Ernesto 'CHE' Guvara spent the majority of his childhood. One of his old houses had been turned into a meuseum that is really cool so we went and had a look. In the evening we cooked Steak and chips and chatted to some Belgian girls in the hostel.

The next day we had decided to go to the meuseums. This was not a good idea as we had not noticed that it was Monday and meuseums in Argentina close on mondays. We did however manage to get in to the art meuseum as the curator took ptty on us and opened up for us anyway. This was really nice of him and really cool for us as we had the whole meuseum to ourselfs. After having a good look around we went on a walk around Cordoba.

To be honest Coroba isn't a very nice city. its choked by traffic and tall builgings. This causes mass polution and no sunlight can get to ground level. I wanted to get out of there. In the afternoon we got the bus to Villa Carlos Paz. This is a small village outside Cordoba that is meant to be very nice

What we hadn't realised is that there was a spring festival on which is fr 6th form collage kids so all the hostels were over priced and full of kids so we jumped on he next bus to Rosario.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.