Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Mendoza

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 1 October 2010 | Views [379]

My bus took 14 hours to arrive in Mendoza so I arrived at about lunch time. After heading to a hostel that had been reccommended i checked in and had a much needed shower. After the shower i went on a little walk around the area. I discovered that Mendoza is a really pretty city and that the women of Mendoza are absolutley stunning. Easily the best so far.

During my walk around i bumped into Andy (Andria) and Julian who i had shared a room with in Iguasu. We decided to go on a bit of a walk and to have a quick beer. Once I returned to the hostel i bumped into Natalie, The very attractive girl i shared with in Salta, who was again in my room. In the evening i cooked Veggie pasta and had a few G&T's before bed.

The following day was very boring as i had to sort things out such as laundry, posting stuff home etc. In the evening I met Adrian who is traveing with Nat for a few days and we all went to get some food for dinner and the wine tour tomorrow. afetr a few G&T's we went to bed.

In the morning we (Me Adrian and Nat) all got up ad headed to the bus stop to head to Maipu. We also met Dab and Keith who know Nat and are going to join us. Once we arrived in Maipu we headed to Mr Hugo's. Mr Hugo is a guy who rents out bikes and he's quite a character. After getting ourselfs a nice little discount we wre presented with some god awful wine and our bikes. Yes that order is correct, we were presented with the wine first. it was 11:00 in the morning.

The first winery we went to was 10km away but was also the furthest that we were to go. It was a nice winery and we tried 3 half full glasses of Rose, White and Red wine.

Afetr we went to another winery and after the obligitory tour tried 3 more generous glasses of white and 2 red wines.

The third winery was by far the best. within seconds of arriving we met Christian the owner. Christian is quite possibly the most ovrly friendly person in the world. I wasn't sure if i wanted to hug him or get a restraining order it was crazzy i seriously felt a little bit molested. After the groping was over we headed inside for the usual tour of the factory that none of us really wanted to do but its all part of the game. Then came the best bit, the wine tasting. The wine in this pace is well worth "The Christian Experience" as it is absolutley fantastic. Due to Christian taking a fancy to Nat we managed to get 4 very full glasses of this wine for hardly anything. Surfice to say we were getting rather jolly by this point.

After saying goodbye we headed to the fourth Winery. This was by far the worst. It was a chain winery that was a bit shit. we did however meet some very cute american girls and got them to come to the Beer Garden with us.

The Beer Garden was really cool and had a selection of different beer's. The first was a Guinness esc Beer. The second was a red burnt beer similar to an English Ale and the last was a Larger Beer. after finishing up we noticed that we were already 10 mins late for returning our bikes so we headed back to Hugo's.

Back at Mr Hugo's we joined all of the other people that had rented from Hugo that day and had some more of the god awful wine. Its amazing he is surrounded by soo many fantastic wines and he serves this shit. After a while we all jump on a bus back to Mendoza in a rather jovial mood.

Back at the hostel we returned to the wine and true to form out came the G&T's. Deb and Keith came to our hostel to join us as did Julian. We were meant to all go out clubbing but quickly realised that we were all way too drunk to get in anywhere so stayed where we were. Much hillarity was had including me being on Adrians shoulders and him running towards a door and Adrian deciding that little Adrian needed some air.

Suffice to say i felt like utter crap the next day and did sod all all day. In the evening Nat continued on her trip and me and Adrian went for some dinner. I had a Mexican that was lovely and me and Adrian decided to travel together for a few days as we were going in the same direction.

The next day we went for a massive walk through the park. Ater getting back into town we went and booked our bus tickets to Cordoba and then chilled in the Plazza as they were getting ready for the Chillean 200 year anniversary. In the evening we got our sleeper bus to Cordoba.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.