Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Rosario Pt1

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 1 October 2010 | Views [394]

In Rosario we had arranged to stay with someone that Adrian had met on a bus.

We went to Facu's early in the morning and dumped our bags. The day was really horrible and rainy so we sat with Facu and Mello (his friend) for most of the day chatting and getting to know each other. In the afternon we went around to the flat of a friend of Facu's (Sophia) and had cakes. In the evening we cooked Risotto and set my camera up at the end of the table. I have a remote for the camera which we passed around the table taking supprise photo's.

The next day me and Adian got up late and went to Facu's uni to meet him for lunch. He hadn't quite finished for the day so we wnt into the lecture with him. He was in an Urbanisum lecture which was abit freeky as that is what i do. I had a good chat with the lecturer and arragnged to meet her and her Architect son in the afternoon for a better chat. Sh was really interested in telling me about Rosario and finding out what i do in England. After the lecture we went with Facu and some of his friends for lunch at a ramshackle hut that served really good sandwiches.

After lunch Adrian and I went on a walk around Rosario. After that I headed to the meeting with Liliana (Lecturer) and Quillermo (Son). We had a really good chat that went on for almost 3 hours about alkinds of different things. I learnt a lot about Rosario and why Argetinian cities are designed the way that they are. I wont bore you, More than i already have, but they are very different to England. After our meeting we arranged to meet up again later in the week to have a look around Rosario.

In the evening we took Facu and Malo out for dinner as a thankyou for having us. It was strange as we were doing this at the start instead of theend because Facu had lots of parties etc planned for the rest of the week.

We went to "El Estancia" for dinner and ate Assado. Assado is a big rack that they cook on over coals. We had two platters. the first was a typical steak platter and thesecond was a mixed platter that included Brain, Intestine and Kidney. The Brain was ok to taste but had a nasty texture. i didn't try the Intestine as it was very fatty and looked vile. after dinner we went to an Irish Bar and then home for bed. During the meal i noiced how late it had gtten. It was 11:15 by the time we got to the restaurant. I'm getting used to this Argentinian eating late lark.

Facu had planned a bike tour the following day around Rosario. He had arranged to borrow some bikes off of his neighbours so we grabbed them and headed out. We started off at the flag monument. this is where the cretor of the Argentinian flag had his idea whilst looking at the clouds and sky. We then headed up the river stopping at various points to take photo's look at something or rest. Whe we got to the river beach we stopped for lunch and had Chiripan (Chorizzo Saussage sandwich). We then headed back to the flat.

Once back at the flat we got ready to go out as we have been invited to a birthday party. The party was mental. We were the star guests as everyone wanted to speak to "The English Guys" so we had soo many people to chat to. We also discovered that this was where they were hiding all of the attractive Rosarian women so it was a hard task to chat to soo mny attractive girls. Not a job i enjoyed im sure you'll understand....NOT!!!

After having a bite o eat the next morning i went to meet Quilermo. We spent the day driving around Rosario whilst he showed me things in relation to Urban design that he found interesting. Again i wont bore you with the details. We also went to the shopping centre to get me a Rugby shirt and have some very very good ice cream that Rosario is famous for.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.