Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Puno and the Uros Islands

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 22 August 2010 | Views [178]

After a rubbish drive day everyone headed into town to get some food. no one could be bothered to wait too long so we all split up. Myself, Robin and Zoe decided to get takeaway pizza and eat it in bed at the hotel.

After a good sleep and early night the day started off really well. We headed off in a load of trikes down to the water front for our boat to the Uros Islands. These Islands are a group of floating islands on Lake Titikaka. They are made of reads and are really cool. After a show of how they are constructed and life on the islands we dressed up in the local costume. Many laughs were had by all. we then were taken to the floating school to see where the kids are educated and then got a traditional read boat around the lake a bit.

We had lunch on the waterfront and due to the location i felt i should have fish so i opted for trout. It was really nice so again im getting used to eating fish. We then headed off in the Truck for the Bolivian border and Copacabanna.

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.