Existing Member?

Experiences in Asia

Ko Pha-Ngan

THAILAND | Saturday, 24 December 2005 | Views [931] | Comments [2]

Hi all,

Firstly, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas for tomorrow! The last few days have seen me relaxing on the island of Ko Pha-Ngan, which is an island on the eastern side. I am staying in a really quiet hut with some other friends on a secluded beach, which is great because I feel as if I need to re-charge my batteries.

 Well, what can I say about the last few days? The weather has been dissapointing with rains in the morning and then too much cloud cover throughout the day, but it's still fairly hot. Basically, the days have been spent on the beach, swimming,  listening to music or reading a book.

We will head into Had Rin (the main beach area) tonight to see in Christmas, but I think I'll lay off the sauce because a few nights ago we went to the half moon party, which was in the jungle. After driving for an hour on dodgy roads, we got to the venue, which was in a clearing. After too much drinking, dancing and talking to god-knows how many people, we got back to the huts at 6am. I suppose it has to be done once or twice!

OK, off to the beach.....Have a great Christmas!!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

I am glad that we are both off the alcohol but I think I am beating you. happy xmas eve xx

  Your flat mate Dec 27, 2005 4:53 PM

2

I've got a throat infection, what's your excuse!

  dan_in_japan Dec 27, 2005 4:58 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.