Existing Member?

Experiences in Asia

Mission accomplished- the JLPT

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 8 February 2007 | Views [3397] | Comments [2]

So, congratulations to me, I passed level 3 of the Japanese language test! I got the email through from my friend the other day who is dealing with my mail until I get back. I have to say that this pass has made it a little easier for me to plan my coming year- I am all but decided that I want to work towards level 2 of the JLPT- and of course, the best place to study for this is Japan....

And so to the end of my stay in England! In a few hours I will return to Japan. I am not looking forward to the flight- we are all on tenterhooks here at the moment because of the heavy snow that has fallen. We have just heard over the BBC that British Airways have cancelled flights OUT of Heathrow- hopefully from Manchester I will be OK....I'll let you know "if" I get to Tokyo!

So thanks to everyone (excpecially my mom) for making me welcome and for sacrificing their lives for the ten days I was back- the parties, lunches and dinners were are excellent, and the standing order from my family of me, "putting weight on" has been answered- +4kg.

It was great to be back. I have seen just how much I have changed, from diet, lifestyle and interests- for example, before I left for Asia, I would love watching the TV-I could do it for hours, but now, increasingly, after one hour or so, I would have to move away from the TV- why? Who knows, but in my opinion it can only be good....

It was also good to see some of the cities which have been "my life". Chester, Liverpool, Wrexham and my university town of Bangor are all doing well, and are in a better state since I have last been there....more re-generation, jobs and businesses have entered, so it seems as if things are on the up for the north west- I seem to be leaving it in good hands!

So, depending on the snow, I will carry this on from the land of the rising sun....

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

Comments

1

So I did get back- thank you Ba for cancelling my Manchester flight! You have made it a lot easier for me to place my future trust in a low cost air carrier- viva la Ryan Air...

  Dan Feb 11, 2007 2:45 PM

2

I want to get the Japanese lesson to pass the jlpt this year

  Pich Bunthoeun Aug 12, 2008 8:47 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.