Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Sin City

USA | Friday, 13 November 2009 | Views [560]

Its Monday, its early and we are on HWY 10 heading to Sin City – Las Vegas!

We soon realised how far 300 miles really is but before we knew it we were cruising through the great Navada Desert....

The views were brilliant and that was about it... It was a long drive but once we saw the strip it was well worth the effort :)

Viva Las Vegas, aka Sin City – Nothing but drinking, smoking, drugs and prostitution (a great family friendly holiday destination LOL)... Seeing is believing (aside from the prostitution, smoking and drugs that is ha ha) and once we were driving up 'The Strip' we were mesmerized by the sheer brilliance of this crazy town – It's incredible! Everything is bigger than life, each casino with its unique theme seem to have endless finance in order to recreate the wonder – the Luxor had a larger than life (but not quite as large as the real thing) Sphinx, pyramid and obelisk. The Parisian casino had a huge Eiffel tower. Caesars looked as though half of Rome was flown in (including the coliseum) it seems that anything is possible here...

These casinos were huge, dark and the labyrinth layout perfect to trap gamblers – so easy to get lost and disorinated. So back to the strip... We are staying in Planet Hollywood Hotel/Casino (in the Stargate room LOL) The view from our room is spectacular – i'll let the photo do the talking!

 At the base of our hotel is the famous miracle mile which is full of shops, cafes and restaurants so its possible to never have to step outside if you pleased.. The casinos are buzzing with activity 24/7, actually everything in this city seems to be open 24/7...

So the three of us we did what anyone would do on their first night in this city, we dressed up, we gambled, we drank, we gambled, we drank, gambled a little more and the rest of the night well.... you know the saying,,,, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas LOL... Unfortunately none of us were cash winners but I was lucky enough buffet dinners and a 1 in 16 chance of returning next year for an all inclusive NFL weekend in Miami... See the name of the RHS of the board :) 

Day two was a little more difficult (Slightly hung over) no matter what we managed to have a peak into the famous Strip casinos including MGM, New York, Monte Carlo, Bellagio, Paris, Mirage and Caesars.... Heres a little NY 

The magestic Monte Carlo

A little bit of Paris...

And Caesars..

The Bellagio fountain show is choreographed with different songs and so great and absolutely free!

It was a long and slightly painful day so we treated ourselves to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe... Brilliant day, followed by a very quiet night (no drinking or gambing today!) LOL ...

Day three... You would think what else could you see, well, this city is endless... We had all heard stories about Vegas' downtown district... Downtown is where the old school Vegas casinos were situated and we just had to jump into the Dodge and check this out!

It was great, the casinos were tacky, smelled of stale smoke, filled with money hungry gamblers, cheap food, even cheaper drinks and the hope that we would be flying home 1st class... We decided it was too early to drink and gamble so after a quick stop off at the stratosphere for views of the city and a X-Scream ride.

Back at the room we cracked open the champagne and the complementary bottle of vodka and soon enough were in high spirits to enjoy a night of sin city comedy and it was hilarious... The night was finished off with a little gambling before we called it a night...

Our last day in Vegas and for a little break from drinking and gambling we ventured out and discovered that what makes this place even more incredible is the wildlife that were inside a few select casinos – including Sigfried and Roys white tigers, Lions, cheetahs, alpacas and a few dolphins for good measure – beyond imagination!

 For our last night we headed to downtown and for something different- ate, drank and gambled...

Dan and I tried our luck at the roulette tables, and we were up, then down, then even and eventually out... Pat was never really up, and never even but pretty much down the whole night LOL... He still had a great time however, we all did LOL

No winners returned to the hotel and it is true what they say that Vegas can bleed you dry but it was fun all the same.. I am sure that I can speak for the boys and say that we are done with gambling for a little while at least....

More Downtown

More Downtown

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.