Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Lights Camera Action

USA | Sunday, 8 November 2009 | Views [490]

Its a beautiful sunny morning in LA (thankfully) and the three of us were off... After jumping on the subway we made our way back to Hollywood Blvd, this time stopping off at the Kodak theater (the home to the academy awards)..

We walked the Hollywood stars where we saw some other great celebrity stars LOL

There were some very funny look-a-likes, Samuel L. Jackson was fabulous however the Spiderman was not so good.. We had a great time checking out what movie stars were around...

For laughs Dan measured himself up against Arny....

And I had a look to see what Adam Sandler was all about!

We walked into the Babylon courtyard which was spectacular. From the balconies were also able to get some great views of the famous Hollywood sign...

The day was still young so after a long subway ride and a bit of a hike we arrived at the magical universal studios! Now this place is definitely the entertainment capital of LA, it was brilliant!

We did everything that there was to do here, of course starting with the back lot tour – this was great – we were able to see various stages that are used for current shows like CSI and tonight show, also the sets that were used for movies like Jaws the mummy, war of the worlds, Godzilla etc!

Our guide was very funny and the tour got us right in the mood for all things universal! We then spent the afternoon walking around the park getting our fill of rides including our favorite – the Simpsons ride (it was superb!)

We also went on the mummy and Jurassic park rides and saw the Backdraft, special effects, animal actors and terminator 3D shows. The animal actors show was so great – i was in awe of what these little guys could do... We say birds, dogs, monkey's, orangutans, cats, rats, foxes – all brilliant with their trainers – I love animals just so so much! The Waterworld show was unbelievable – jam packed with amazing stunts, great acting, super special effects, awesome jet skiing tricks and pyrotechnics...

I'll let the photos do the talking...

It was a super busy day and we had a lot of fun here as you will see by the following pictures....

The movie team

The movie team

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.