Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

San Francisco

USA | Tuesday, 3 November 2009 | Views [632]

Our last few days in Los Cabos flew by so quickly for the two of us... After 12 days without needing money we failed a little as we didn't have enough cash to make it to the airport for our flight back to the states. This doesn't sound like a difficult task however our closest ATM was a short 5 Kms away in town... This made our last day a little more memorable to say the least as when we decided to catch a water taxi home our driver mis judged the waters depth and on my dismount I ended up fully submersed, it was hilarious!

We left Mexico on our second last flight of this great trip with the amazing city of San Francisco as our destination! This city has so many surprises, its not only beautiful, exciting and trendy but the residents here offer some great people watching to pass the hours... We are staying in the middle of town where it is not only the centre of this city but the centre were all the crazy, homeless and druggy San Franciscans congregate.. Our first day in San Francisco was an epic site seeing journey, and after a mere 7 hours of walking we managed to take in a fair chunk of what this city is all about. We walked everywhere it was crazy! Not only that but we learnt early on that this city is anything but flat! We headed Nth to the top of the famous Nob Hill were we saw some amazing views.

We felt the bay calling so kept on Nth past the famous Lombard Street.

We then arrived in Ghirairdelli Square where we got our first glimpses of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge.

After stopping off for a fabulously tasty starbucks coffee we walked along the Embarcadero (Waterfront Boulevard)... It was here that the magic of San Fran really showed itself... As we walked towards Pier 39 we came across some more truly looney people, our favorite was a man standing on a box holding up a sign “I need 1 Million quarters to get to my spaceship”.. What else can I say!!!! So on our way we stopped off at pier40 were we were so excited to see a wild seal catching fish in the bay, and if we thought that was amazing, it was nothing as only 5 minutes later we saw hundreds of seals chilling out on pier 39!

This pier is amazing as it is filled with amazing restaurants, shops, entertainment and bars, there were hundreds of wild seals just lazing about soaking up some sun.

We could have wasted the day just sitting and watching these guys, they were hilarious (but a little smelly).. We had walked for hours so stopped off for lunch at a traditional 50's all American diner and the atmosphere was brilliant. After our refuel we headed Sth on Columbus St past Chinatown, little Italy and Coit Tower.. If this wasn't enough we also passed the Transamerica pyramid

and then up California Street where we had the best views of the cities hilly streets with amazing views like the Bay Bridge in the background..We had to call it quits after this and headed back to union square for a little R&R...


Great views

Great views

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.