Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Warsaw we are finally here :)

POLAND | Wednesday, 9 September 2009 | Views [450]

We have arrived in the beautiful Capital of Poland, Warsaw... Our flight from Cairo could not have been more complicated!!!! Firstly, due to a complete lack of organisation, our 2am flight from Cairo left 1 hour later than scheduled and as a result we missed our connecting flight at Prague airport! (we were looking forward to an early check in to a 5 star hotel in Warsaw!) Talk about depression... It was all forgotten after a hot shower in our amazing hotel! On our first night in Poland I thought it was only fitting for me to take Daniel to a traditional Polish restaurant. After eating Egyptian food for the last 10 days we feasted on the best of Polish food including Borsct, Bigos, Perogi, potatoes, amazing meat dishes and some great Polish beer... Words can't even describe how good this was...

What made it best was this restaurant had so much character and had a great rustic feel to it... Without two nights of sleep and with full bellies we didn't get up to anything for the evening except so much needed sleep.

In the morning we headed into the Old town of Warsaw, were we saw many things along the way including the parliament house, many beautiful houses, the Palace, monuments and even a starbucks and pizza hut LOL.. The old town was just so so beautiful.. After hours of walking we then made our way to the train station with out next stop of Pabianice in mind... To visit all of the family, we can't wait!!!!

Us in Old Town Warsaw

Us in Old Town Warsaw

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.