Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Magnificient Monaco

MONACO | Tuesday, 11 August 2009 | Views [344]

We all dressed up to the nines (which is difficult when you are a backpacking camper) and headed off to Monaco.

Monaco is the second smallest country in the world, only about 1.95 square kms! It is home to hundreds of millionaires, more than a few billionaires and 50% of the worlds super yachts population..

We were sad to find out that a Monaco passport would set you back a whopping 1 Million Euros!!! So don't stress mum and dad, we won't be moving to Monaco anytime soon LOL We decided to try our luck at the famous Monte Carlo casinos..

The casino wasn't anything like what we were expecting, it was tiny, quiet, very expensive and a little lifeless... Nothing like a casino back home or what we can image Vagas to be... After parting with 20 Euros ($40) to enter, we treated ourselves to a $26 cocktail (for me) and Dan a $14 schooner of beer... So as you can imagine, we were not going to be getting drunk at this casino! As they say “the house always wins” so you won't be surprised to hear that we had no luck gambling (not to worry we didn't loose too much... it was still a little painful though) Dan and I bet an amazing 5 euro cents per hit on the pokies LOL!!! So looks like we will continue camping throughout Europe... We had more fun standing at the front of the casino where everything from Lamborghini's, Porches, Roles Royces etc drove up to unload their millionaires to spend some real cash at the casino... The list is endless but these cars were super expensive...

It must be a truly amazing country to live in! Tomorrow we are leaving France and heading West to Venice Italy to begin our week of carb loading on breads, pizzas, pastas and wines.. It'll be great we are so excited!


Dans dreaming

Dans dreaming

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Monaco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.