Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Welcome to York

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 26 July 2009 | Views [293]

Today we are off to the beautiful and historic city of York in north Yorkshire. After staying in the most expensive closet in the world, we decided it was time to spoil ourselves so we checked into a quaint little bed and breakfast called Holmsea House. When we arrived at Yorks bus station we were amazed to find the weather had gone from bad to worse... Not only were we greeted with substantial rain, but icy strong winds, it felt like it was about 5 degrees.. It was a delightful 20min walk from the station to our B&B as Dan and I huddled under the one flimsy umbrella we had and thought we would loose any minute.. But we survived to tell the tale. So after we dried off in our delightful little room, we layered up (I wore a singlet, long sleeved top, thermal and thick rain&wind proof jacket!Dan was similarly dressed! I love the UK's summer LoL) and we headed into town for a late dinner. After an amazing Italian meal we braved the conditions and headed home.


Warm welcome to York

Warm welcome to York

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.