Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Another day of London sight seeing

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 25 July 2009 | Views [287]

If we hadn't walked enough yesterday, we surly did today.. We awoke to a beautifully warm sunny London summers day.. After yesterdays freeze we had our jumpers and umbrella in tow.. And of course we didn't need them all day LOL! (Why is that always the case)

We walked from Earls court to Nottinghill. We followed the crowds through the famous Portabello road were you could find anything for sale..

So what did we buy.... We splurged out and bought,,,, a coffee and cookie (which were fabulous of course LOL!)

From the end of Portabello we did another massive hike through Hyde Park to Harrods Department Store. This place is amazing, there are 6 levels, each level huge in itself.. The store is immaculate, ridiculously expensive and disgustingly overdone on the ritzy side on things. I felt like we were going to be asked to leave.. We went up through the Egyptian escalators (which is amazing but no photos allowed!) To our surprise there was an opera singer standing on the 3rd floor balcony singing!!! Its hard to explain and seeing is believing how overdone this place really is...

So we headed home for a quick rest before we met up with Andy again to head out to the river Thames to again enjoy the pub lifestyle, this time in a river setting.


The men were drinking pints of Fosters and I - half pints of cider...

however to brake things up a little the three of us had a truly English summer experiencing the joys of Pimms and Lemonade :)

The riverside is so beautiful and the fact that it doesn't get dark over here until about 10pm makes a Saturday night out in summer a great night out indeed!


Boys at hammersmith

Boys at hammersmith

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.