Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

London Day 2...

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 24 July 2009 | Views [274]

Today the time difference hit hard as I was wide awake at a marvelous 4.30 am.. I m pretty sure that at this time Dan was wishing we had separate rooms as I was pottering around our closet of a room (thinking I was being so quiet where in actual fact it was as if I were trying to find every creaky floor board possible..) So after letting him have a huge sleep in (until 6am LOL) we were off for a massive day of London sight seeing. We caught the tube to Tower hill where we enjoyed the history surrounding the Tower of London..

Just up the river Thames was the magnificent and beautiful London Tower bridge.

It is summer in London, now, for summer, we were a little surprised... Yesterday was very warm and sunny but today, we were absolutely freezing, with jeans and a jacket! (i'm missing the SE Asian heat already) London is definitely the city where you can get not only 3 seasons in a day, but 3 seasons in an hour!

So we froze as we walked along the river Thames to the Millenimum bridge where our destination of St Pauls Cathedral was just in sight.

This is the most beautiful cathedral we have ever seen. The detail is spectacular and not surprising that it costs an outrageous 7 Million pounds a year to maintain!

We were blown away by this cathedral... Coming in at a close second was the coffee we had shortly after LOL.

So after a huge caffeine hit we jumped on the tube to Oxford street.. The shopping along Oxford street is truly breathtaking and Dan was so inspired (if not by the street but by the icy cold winds) he bought an awesome hoody jumper and we were set.. We were headed for the busy centre of Piccadilly circus..

The weather improved out of sight (real sarcasm inserted here) as not only did it get colder, it began raining and so we were caught at the centre of Piccadilly circus in a huge downpour and what felt like the worlds biggest wind tunnel...

So as you can imagine we fell in love with London weather right there and then LOL.


Tower of London

Tower of London

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.