Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Our last night in Saigon

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 7 July 2009 | Views [413] | Comments [4]

Our last day in Saigon followed straight from our return from the Cu Chi Tunnels. We had 8 hours to kill before getting on to our 10.30pm overnight train.. So we decided that we wanted a little taste of home so after an amazing KFC lunch, Dan, Nick, Katrina and I took a taxi to the newest shopping complex in Saigon.. It was located in the new District, District 5, and I don't think that many westerners or tourists venture out this way as we were stared at by everyone.. We were followed around the complex but the local security, it was quite funny, they were all communicating via walkie talkie and on each level a new security guard was watching.. We ended up watching the Transformers movie (in English!!!) and it was fantastic... With still some hours to kill we went to a Mexican restaurant and the four of us (the only two couples on the tour) had a few local beers to relax us...

The overnight train was an experience (not a great one) but we arrived at 5am into the beautiful city of Nha Trang..Here is the view from our hotel room


The gang

The gang

Comments

1

sooo many robots. u better ride the feris wheel

  drduggazz Jul 10, 2009 5:24 PM

2

robots?? hahaha

looks like you kids are having an awesome time....dan... have a snake wine ya pussy:D

  jace Jul 12, 2009 11:26 PM

3

yer bro on transformers. so many of them

  drduggazz Jul 13, 2009 4:00 PM

4

Hi Anna and Dan. Stace just sent me the link for your blog so we'll follow along on here with you. Have a great time!

  weeman Jul 14, 2009 9:16 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.